02 03 Votre Garçon: Preen Spring/Summer 2013 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Preen Spring/Summer 2013

34



I know, I know, I’ve been absent from the fashion week game and completely missed out any NYFW shows but long story short, I got way behind on keeping up-to-date and with the transition of moving from Scotland to London and pre-projects to do before university life begins… It’s pretty hectic, safe to say. But scrolling through my Twitter feed, the British label Preen seemed to have brought me back out my fashion hiatus and placed me back where I belong. Not a label I can say that I follow and not really took much of a great notice to but for the Spring/Summer 2013 period, there was something quite effortlessly cool and super-modern about the latest collection team duo Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi presented which left me majorly kicking myself in the teeth for missing out on previous collections. For Spring/Summer 2013, the duo presented garments in python, crocodile and stingray prints against a background of white and navy with a small hint of yellow, here and there. But that’s not all, there was graphic stripes running across the body and light pink roses blossoming on the fabric. The team duo demonstrated that they could present a varied range of stand-out prints put together to create bizarre patchwork designs but still manage to present it in such a controlled and subtle way. Patchwork and clash of patterns merged together at its finest. It was an aspect that immediately captured me but it was also the clean, simple lines of the silhouettes which gave the collection a balance; not too much or too little. The attention to detail and the precision in creating these garments is noticeable throughout the entire collection. Executive Fashion Director Calgary Avansino from British Vogue said; "It was exactly as it should have been - the fabrics paired with the shapes, the exquisite asymmetry and slits in unexpected directions. It was exotic and luxurious, there was a strictness that was a definite type of woman and you could see that and that's quite rare to see in a show." Thorton and Bregazzi present a collection with a strong range of prints and colour palette with softer materials cut in minimalistic yet feminine silhouettes, that women with different tastes in fashion would be able to still rock any one of these looks. And if I was female, I most certainly wouldn’t want to be missing out! Check out the rest of Preen S/S13 here.


Photo's Courtesy of Preen.
35 36 37 38